10.30.2005

Who\What God Hates This Week

Wow, talk about 'from outta left field'... Considering how the last two weeks have gone, I was sure the Big Man was ready to lay the smite-down on another animal\food product but, boy, was I wrong again. Unfortunately, I've really got to say that this time I disagree with the G. Even though I have some friends that also don't understand good stories can be told through the animated medium, I must say I am still more or less an overall fan of the style (except when it's an offering by the demonic Disney, that is). Of course, as is usually the case with such 'Deital-decrees', it is a tad ambiguous as to whether he's specifying cartoons in print, on TV or in the movies. Also, this leaves some grayness to the areas of CGI, claymation and other cartoon-like, but not animated per-se, forms of entertainment. Oh well, I guess, once again, that it's just not our place to analyze His hates too much... Jage

UPDATE:
Upon closer inspection of the artist's rendition of God's hate-announcement for the week, I noticed the Almighty Himself sitting on high watching none other than a cartoon TV show while His faithful below carried out His wishes without question! In sooth, how could this be so? I consulted a local priest to help clarify this problem and he did help a lot by explaining sometimes we need to just 'do as God says and not as He does'. Whew, almost had a crisis there, thank goodness for the wisdom of our current clergy for that crucial catch...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here