10.22.2005

Sorry, No More Fishin' Allowed

A few days ago, I gave in to the baiting of a reader looking for a God-fight and started exchanging responses with him/her. I even brought the exchange out of the commentary area and made it an actual post onto itself. Then it occurred to me that almost all the spare time I had to do the posts I wanted to see were slowly being devoted into a petty, zero-sum debate. It never ceases to amaze me how so many people, instead of doing something themselves, devote such a considerable amount of energy into trying to piss on someone else's creation.

Anyway, a few minutes ago I received another e-mail notification that this same boy/girl had sent yet another round of why their belief is the only right one in the world and I thought about opening it for a few seconds…before I hit the delete button. I knew that if I read whatever he/she had spun this time around, that something in my gut would incessantly chew at me until I, yet again, typed another lengthy dissertation on why I frankly don't care how they believe. Their newest comment might have been the same jargon as before or it may have contained the cure for cancer; but neither I nor the rest of my readers will ever know for sure. Darn...

Without a second of further thought, I went to my blog settings and deleted that post I had made against that particular person. I should have never posted anything so personally directed at any reader...that's never happened before and won't again. I also completely turned off the comment option for all posts from this point forward. With the tone in which I address some religiously-based topics, there'll always be another God-fearing soul out there upset at my words and ready to argue until the proverbial cows come home. And I would invariably be drawn back into another time-consuming moot argument which would take the place of new posts, etcetera, etcetera, ad naseum.

So, no offense to regular readers is meant, but I'm going to go forward with a post-only approach. That's all I have the time or patience for right now anyway. If someone doesn't like what I say here then, well, go start your own damned blog. As always, though, feel free to link to any articles or posts here that you do find interesting... Jage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here